This title is being sold in the downloadable VitalBook™ format.
Time-Triggered Communication helps readers build an understanding of the conceptual foundation, operation, and application of time-triggered communication, which is widely used for embedded systems in a diverse range of industries. This book assembles contributions from experts that examine the differences and commonalities of the most significant protocols including: TTP, FlexRay, TTEthernet, SAFEbus, TTCAN, and LIN.
Covering the spectrum, from low-cost time-triggered fieldbus networks to ultra-reliable time-triggered networks used for safety-critical applications, the authors illustrate the inherent benefits of time-triggered communication in terms of predictability, complexity management, fault-tolerance, and analytical dependability modeling, which are key aspects of safety-critical systems. Examples covered include FlexRay in cars, TTP in railway and avionic systems, and TTEthernet in aerospace applications. Illustrating key concepts based on real-world industrial applications, this book:
- Details the underlying concepts and principles of time-triggered communication
- Explores the properties of a time-triggered communication system, contrasting its strengths and weaknesses
- Focuses on the core algorithms applied in many systems, including those used for clock synchronization, startup, membership, and fault isolation
- Describes the protocols that incorporate presented algorithms
- Covers tooling requirements and solutions for system integration, including scheduling
The information in this book
This title will only allow printing of 2 consecutive pages and copying of 2 consecutive pages at a time.
- Online License Type: Expires 365 days after registration
- Downloadable License Type: Perpetual License